Stay warm, Have fun, Learn more at the Seguin Library
SEGUIN, Texas – The library is offering some great programs to keep your kids busy during the winter break and beyond. It’s all free and open to everyone.
• Family Movie Day: Tuesday, Dec. 22nd - 2 PM: Head to the library to watch Inside Out (PG), one of the year's biggest movies. This is a great way to get younger children used to going to the movies, and to have some fun during the break from school. There will be popcorn while supplies last.
• Toddler Time: Every Tuesday at 9:30 AM: We have storytime for toddlers every Tuesday, even during the holidays! Stop by for some wintry stories and songs, followed by playtime.
• Storytime: Every Wednesday at 10:30 AM: Storytime is for families of children ages 3 to 6, and we will meet even during the holidays. Stories and songs will be followed by a craft.
• Homeschool Hangout: Monday, Jan. 11th – 2 PM: Come to the library for some LEGO fun! This month's theme will be revealed at the beginning of the program, and you can build something related to that theme or use your creativity to build something all your own.
• Kids Discover: Tuesday, Jan. 19th – 4:30 PM: Explore exciting topics in science and history with hands-on activities. This month it's Grossology: the good, the bad, and the downright ugly about runny noses, body odor, and more! This program is geared toward school-age children.
• Sensory Storytime: Saturday, Jan. 30th – 10:30 AM: This monthly storytime features stories, songs, and sensory activities geared toward children of all abilities. We follow a predictable, visual schedule.
• Teen Thing: Fandom Trivia Night: Monday, Jan. 4th – 5 PM: Calling all Whovians, Supernatural fans, Star Wars buffs, and those who have been Sherlocked! Head to the library for team trivia to win prizes. Questions include several fandoms including Dr. Who, Supernatural, Star Wars, Sherlock, Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Harry Potter.
• Teen Advisory Board: Thursday, Jan. 21st - 5 PM: Teens are invited to attend the first meeting of the Teen Advisory Board (TAB). TAB is a group of teens that will meet monthly to assist Youth Services Librarian Ms. Hannah with planning teen activities, maintaining the Teen Area, selecting new teen materials, promoting library events, and making the library a better place for teens. TAB is a great way to get involved with your library, make friends, and earn service hours to boot!
Posted by: Morgan Ash