Checkouts, Lending Periods & Fees
- Customers may have up to 30 physical items charged on a card at any one time.
- Maximum of 5 Blu-Rays and/or DVDs at any one time. Blu-Rays and DVDs are included in the 30-item limit.
- Customers may have additional e-books and e-audios checked out on their account by using Libby, cloudLibrary and SimplyE. These materials do not count in the 30-item limit.
- Customers can also stream movies with Kanopy and biblio+.
- Magazines and Newspapers are also available with Libby and Newsbank.
- Checkout period for Books and Audio Books - 2 weeks
- Checkout period for DVDs and Blu-Rays - 5 days
- Checkout period for Mobile WiFi devices (hotspots, laptops and tablets) - 30 days
- All materials, except Interlibrary Loans and mobile WiFi devices, may be renewed up to 3 times, providing there is not a waiting list for the item.
- You can renew materials by accessing your library account online with your User ID (14-digit barcode located on the back of your library card) and contact phone number.
Fines & Fees
- The Seguin Public Library went “fine free” on October 1, 2022. This means library members will no longer be charged overdue fines for late books, audiobooks, and DVDs.
- Late fees for Interlibrary Loan materials ($0.50 per day with no maximum) and for mobile WiFi devices ($3.00 per day for a maximum of the replacement cost of the device kit) still apply.
- If materials are lost or damaged then the account will be billed for the replacement cost plus a processing fee.
- You can Check the status of your account with your User ID (14-digit barcode located on the back of your library card) and contact phone number.