The Seguin Police Department Community Engagement Unit offers a wide variety of pro-active programs aimed at educating citizens on ways they can protect themselves and their property.
Our Community Engagement Officer is available to:
- Answer questions about crime prevention or community engagement issues.
- Provide an officer to speak at your meeting
- Book a Neighborhood Watch Program
The Seguin Police Department is pleased to provide Community Crime Mapping. Visit the Community Crime Map to search for crime information.
- View crimes near an address
- Select a specific date range
- Pick from a template of crime types
- Download the app to access the information on your mobile device
Community Crime Map connects law enforcement with the community to reduce crime and improve public safety. Crime mapping helps the public get a better idea of crime activity in their area so they can make more informed decisions about how to stay safe.
Community Crime Map goes beyond crime mapping by automatically alerting the public about recent crime activity and improving communication between the public and law enforcement through anonymous tips. Community Crime Map empowers citizens to make better decisions about crime by putting the same technology used by law enforcement to analyze and interpret crime activity into the hands of the public.
- How do I find out if there is a sexual predator in my area?
Visit the Texas Department of Public Safety. From that site, you may enter your address and determine if there are any known sex offenders in your neighborhood.
- When I am on vacation, could someone come by my house and check on it?
Yes. Call the Seguin Police Department non-emergency number, 830-379-2123 and request a patrol for your home.
- If I call to report suspicious activity, can I remain anonymous?
When you call the non-emergency number, 830-379-2123, your personal information does not appear on the phone line. Give the information to the operator before hanging up; answer any questions the operator may have. There is also an anonymous tips line you may call at 830-401-2391.