Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Dr. Scott Bugai, Veterinarian representative
- Virginia Clements, Animal Welfare Representative
- Shelley Lutz, Animal Services Shelter Manager, Animal Services Representative
- Fonda Mathis, Citizen Representative
- Councilwoman Monica Napier Carter, City of Seguin Official
Purpose of the Seguin Animal Services Advisory Committee
Seguin City Ordinances (Sec. 14-251) establish the necessity of the Seguin Animal Services Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee is to "assist the operations of the animal services facility so it meets the Texas Health and Safety Code. Additionally, the State of Texas Health and Safety Code (Sec. 823.005) also mandate that "the governing body," or City Council, appoint an advisory committee to assist in complying with the requirements of the Texas Health and Safety Code as it relates to animal services. The State Health Code mandates at least one veterinarian, one county or municipal official, one person associated with the daily operation of the shelter, and one representative from an animal welfare organization
Seguin Animal Services Committee Meetings
By State law, the Advisory Committee is required to meet at least three times a calendar year.