The Seguin Fire Department Museum sits next to Fire Station #3 near the 123 Bypass and Kingsbury Street, is full of history—more than 100 years of it.
The photos, documents and equipment saved over the years not only ensured the Fire Department’s history would be preserved. In fact, antique fire trucks—all originals to the Fire Department—are just one of the many interesting exhibits at the museum. There is a pair of pumpers dating back to 1916, the Department’s first motorized fire truck and the second from 1922.
In addition to the trucks, there are other artifacts—a wealth of old photos that show how Seguin once looked along with the evolution of firefighting over time. Bits of old equipment and memorabilia are on display, too.
Many people don’t realize that Seguin has one of the oldest departments in the State of Texas. Our history is rich and something we feel is important to share.
We look forward to sharing our history with school classes, civic organizations, and community groups.
The museum can be seen by appointment only. If your group is interested in learning more about Seguin’s fire history, call the Fire Department at 830-401-2310 to schedule a visit.