SEGUIN, Texas - Built by libraries for libraries, SimplyE is an easy-to-use app that makes it easier for patrons to access their library’s ebooks and audiobooks.
Highlights of SimplyE
- Borrow with Ease - SimplyE allows patrons to enter their library card number and PIN just once to start reading and listening for free. SimplyE eliminates patrons' frustrations with Adobe IDs or multiple login methods.
- Simply Read & Listen - SimplyE uses the next generation of ebook and digital rights management (DRM) technologies to make reading on a phone or tablet simple and convenient.
- Privacy - Patron privacy is built-in to SimplyE. Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is not saved on the SimplyE servers.
- Accessibility - Accessibility is a high priority for SimplyE, including ebooks and audiobooks available through the service. SimplyE’s reading software is based on Readium, a highly accessible epub reader. The audiobook player was built with accessibility in mind and works with assistive technologies, including screen-readers like TalkBack (Android) and VoiceOver (iOS).
- Open-Source - SimplyE is developed and supported by the New York Public Library (NYPL) and received funding from the Institute for Museums and Library Services (IMLS). With Amigos Library Services, library organizations including Califa, Georgia Public Library Service, and Minitex continue to support the development of SimplyE.