How do I report Child Abuse?

You can contact the Seguin Police Department at 830-379-2123 (or 911 in emergencies) to report suspected child abuse or neglect incidents. In accordance with Texas law, you are also required to contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) at 800-252-5400.

Texas law states that anyone who thinks a child or person 65 years or older or an adult with disabilities is being abused, neglected, or exploited must report it to the DFPS. A person who reports abuse in good faith is immune from civil or criminal liability. DFPS keeps the name of the person making the report confidential. Anyone who does not report suspected abuse can be held liable for a misdemeanor or felony.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a Neighborhood Watch group in my neighborhood?
2. How do I get a copy of my Criminal Record?
3. Where can I get fingerprinted?
4. How can I get a copy of an accident report?
5. How do I file a police report?
6. How do I report Child Abuse?
7. I disagree with the motor vehicle crash report the Police Officer filed. How can I tell my side?
8. What happens to the complaints filed against Police Officers or other employees by citizens?
9. Is there a teen curfew in Seguin?
10. Can I get a permit to carry a handgun?
11. Does the Seguin Police Department have a Reserve Officer Program?
12. I have speeders on my street. How can I get a Police Officer to come catch them?