Here are some links and helpful resources for citizens during the COVID-19 crisis:


Anyone who has lost their job due to coronavirus or has had to take time off to self-quarantine or care for a sick relative (and does not get paid sick time from work) may apply for Unemployment Benefits. Information can be found here. Per the Workforce Commission, “a delay in filing will not impact the benefits you receive, your benefits are tied to your date of layoff, not filing date.”

Anyone whose job has brought them into direct contact with someone with coronavirus (for instance, a first responder or a health care worker) and has become ill or is required to quarantine can file for Workers' Comp. by clicking here.

If you or a friend or family member are out of work, the Texas Workforce Commission provides support services as well.

Find more information on Coronavirus tax relief click here.

The U.S. Department of Treasury has a list of financial resources for consumers.

If you don’t have enough money to pay, contact your lender or landlord immediately. Help includes:

  • Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs Foreclosure Prevention 1-888-995-HOPE (4673)
  • Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection or call 800-621-0508
  • Texas Health and Human Services Commission has resources available. There may be vouchers to assist those in need with paying their rent. Also get government assistance with other needs, including lease application fees, information on low income housing and security deposits. Dial 1-877-541-7905 to find additional ways to get rent help.
  • Texas offers programs that can help you with paying your mortgage and also avoid foreclosure. Local resources, including government and non-profit assistance, can help qualified homeowners
  • Homeowners have other resources too. Also click here for a listing of Texas HUD counseling agencies that provide free foreclosure counseling.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development is providing immediate relief to renters and homeowners until the end of April. 

The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) also announced that it would suspend foreclosures and evictions for homeowners with mortgages backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. View the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website for more information.

As our community comes together to respond to the concerns of COVID-19, the City of Seguin has taken steps to ensure customers have uninterrupted access to utility services. As such, in the interest of the health and safety of the public, the City of Seguin has established parameters insuring uninterrupted services during this unprecedented event.

  • Customer that are unable to pay their utility bills due to current economic conditions must contact Utility Billing at (830) 401-2460.
  • Customers can be placed on a deferred payment plan. This will ensure the customer receives uninterrupted utility services as they work with utility representatives to develop a long-term plan that meets their financial needs.
  • Deferred utility payments due to this event will not result in any late fees or penalties.
  • Limited income customers and medically vulnerable customers may qualify to receive assistance through the Community Council of South Central Texas. Contact information for CCSCT is (830) 379-3022. Other assistance may be found at Salvation Army at (830) 401-4872 or Family Life at (830) 379-1997.

The Texas Department of Health and Human Services has extensive resources available for mental health support, including those facing a mental health crisis.

The Texas State Department of Public Safety has suspended expired IDs: driver’s licenses, IDs, commercial driver’s licenses, and election identification certificates expiration dates will be extended.

The State of Texas has activated the statewide 211 network to provide COVID-19 information 24/7 to residents. 211 specialists from across the state are available to answer the most frequently asked, non-medical questions on the coronavirus based on material provided by the CDC and the DSHS.  Any questions the 211 specialists cannot answer will be referred to the information lines of the state health department. Click here for more information.

Get Notifications