MASK UP SEGUIN
Governor Greg Abbott signed Executive Order GA-34 on Tuesday, March 2, which stated that the statewide order to wear facial coverings would be lifted March 10, although “individuals are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings.” In addition, the order encourages Texans to “use good-faith efforts” to follow health recommendations from the Texas State Department of State Health Services, which include the wearing of facial coverings.
The City of Seguin encourages residents to continue following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include washing hands frequently, avoiding large gatherings and wearing facial coverings when maintaining physical distance is not possible.
For more information about Executive Order GA-34, visit https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-lifts-mask-mandate-opens-texas-100-percent
In addition to wearing a face covering, follow these general recommendations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- If you’re experiencing flu-like symptoms, call your doctor and ask for a COVID-19 test.
- Stay away from groups or large gatherings of people.
- Wash your hands frequently and sanitize often.
- Clean and sanitize highly touched surfaces in your home – it helps reduce the spread of the virus.
- Work from home whenever possible.