"FIX IT" Facade Grant
The City of Seguin Main Street has a "FIX IT" Facade Improvement Program that provides reimbursement for approved applicants for work on the exterior facade of property located in the Downtown Historic District providing up to a maximum 50% or a dollar-for-dollar reimbursement of up to $10,000 per property per grant funding cycle.
The Main Street Program is currently accepting applications for projects in the FY2023 funding cycle. Applications will need to be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, 2022, to the Seguin Main Street Office. If there are still funds available after the first round, there will be a second call for applications later in the year. For the community to achieve the maximum benefit, applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Application submitted by the stated deadline and completed correctly.
- Matching funds ratio (Minimum 1:1, 2:1 or greater preferred)
- Location, visibility, and impact on historic integrity of the Downtown Historic District.
- Total number of applications received and funds available.
- Type of proposed improvements; cosmetic or structural.
- Completion of previously funded projects.
- Improvements only to the exterior of the building.
- Current in payment of city utilities and local property taxes (city, county, SISD).
- Reimbursement will be made after the completion of the work and upon evidence of paid receipts.
"FIX IT" Facade Application & Guidelines (PDF)