PARKS & RECREATION
** ATTENTION: All City Parks and trails remain open to the public for the time being.
All public restrooms and playgrounds in the parks are closed until further notice.
NOTE: In an effort to meet the CDC's recommendation to cancel or postpone community gatherings of 10 or more people, the following closures and cancellations apply:
- Playgrounds are closed until further notice.
- The splash pad at Park West is closed until further notice.
- MTR Skatepark at Park West is closed until further notice
- Basketball courts are closed until further notice.
- The Wave Pool will not open this summer.
- All pavilion and athletic facility rentals in city parks are suspended until further notice. Customers will receive full refunds for all facility bookings impacted by this public health emergency.
- Sebastopol House Historic Site is closed until further notice.
Seguin Little League, Seguin Youth Soccer League, the All Youth Sports League and the Seguin Volleyball League are suspending all games until further notice.
Water Recreation Reminders Along Starcke Park
Rivers and lakes have re-opened with proper social distancing requirements, however, the City of Seguin Parks & Recreation Department reminds citizens that recreational use of the Guadalupe River in Max Starcke Park is currently restricted in the designated "Restricted Safe Zone" by Court Order prompted by a spillgate failure on Lake Dunlap in fall 2019. Pole fishing from the riverbank is permitted, except near the City of Seguin Water Treatment Plant.
The Parks and Recreation Department operates the city's recreation and aquatic programs along with maintaining 12 parks comprised of 379.9 acres.
6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday
6:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight Friday - Sunday
The mission of the City of Seguin Parks & Recreation Department is to foster community participation and improve the quality of life for citizens of all ages, by providing safe recreational facilities and programs, leisure time opportunities, aquatics, and park development that will enhance the health, happiness and morale of the citizens.
Parks and Recreation Office
600 River Drive West
(830) 401-2480 (office)
(830) 386-2216 (fax)
- Park Rules
- Park/Pavilion Reservation Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Share the Road Guidelines