Proposed Updates to Technical Manual
The City of Seguin's Engineering and Fire Department is proposing the following updates to the Technical Manual.
1. Gated Access for Private Streets
The proposed updates will be available for review until May 30, 2022.
Comments should be emailed to email@example.com. Questions about the review should also be directed to the same email.
The Technical Manual is adopted as an integral component of the Unified Development Code (UDC). Various sections of the UDC refer to the Technical Manual for application forms, additional information, requirements, and technical specifications. The Technical Manual contains this information in a web-based document intended to assist in filing complete applications that meet the criteria of the UDC.
Chapter 1 - General Provisions
Chapter 2 - Development Applications/Development Review Process
How to submit digital plans (for plats, PICPs, site plans). All other applications may be submitted in person at the Development Services Center.
Any application submitted by someone other than the property owner requires a completed Letter of Authorization and/or a Legal Authorization by Property Owner.
Applications and Checklists
- Zoning Change Application
- Determining Median Value for Modular Home Application
- Limited Use Permit Application
- Specific Use Permit Application
- Zoning Variance Application
- General Land Use Plan Application
- Subdivision Plat Application(for all plat types)
- Legal Authorization Form for Development Applications
- Subdivision Variance Application
- Application for Unity of Title Agreement
- Application for Determination of Platting Exception
- Application for Development Studies
- Application for Subdivision Concept Plan
- Application for Subdivision Construction Plans
- Third-Party Utilities Provider Forms (Electric, Water, On-site Septic)
- US Secretary of Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings
- Certificate of Appropriate Design Application
- Administrative Plat General Notes
- Standardized Block and Lot Numbering
- Standardized Signature Blocks
Chapter 3 - Zoning and Land Use
- Request for Director’s Classification (for uses not listed in the Land Use Matrix)
- Additional Criteria for Designation of Historic Districts
Chapter 4 - Subdivisions
- Engineering Checklist
- Water Design Criteria and Standard Details (See Design Standards)
- Sanitary Sewer Design Criteria and Standard Details (See Design Standards)
- Road Adequacy Technical Guidance
- Elements of Conveyed Parkland
- Standards for a Park Development Agreement
- See this helpful document for further explanation of the parkland requirement options and example scenarios.
- Trail Design Criteria
- Trails shall conform with criteria for Shared Use Paths in AASHTO's Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities, 4th Edition. For a free source detailing the material in the AASHTO guide, see this free webinar. Generally, trails shall be a minimum 10' in width with an additional 1' clearance on each side and shall be asphalt or concrete.
Chapter 5 - Site Development Process