The Seguin Police Department offers rewarding law enforcement careers to men and women interested in becoming Police Officers who are certified or have already graduated from a police academy.
Step 1: City Application
- Download and complete an application for from the link below: https://www.applitrack.com/seguintexas/onlineapp/_application.aspx?starting=true
- Applicants will be contacted and scheduled to participate in a test day which will involve the physical and written tests.
Step 2: Personal History Book and Questionnaire
Applicants who successfully complete the preceding phases, will be given a (comprehensive) personal history book to be completed and that packet must be brought to the entry exam.
The following documents (if applicable) are required when the personal history book is submitted to the Recruiting Unit:
- Passport style photograph (head / shoulders only) taken within the previous 90 days
- Certified original birth certificate
- Certified high school transcript or AGED certificate
- Certified college transcript
- DD214 (long form) or service letter from commanding officer
- Naturalization certificate
- Copy of marriage license
- Copy of divorce decree(s)
- Applicant Personal History Procedure
Step 3: Written Test
This will consist of an online police exam from the International Public Management Association for Human Resources. The study guide is available for purchase at: https://www.publicsafetycompass.com/product/entry-level-police-online-study-guide/
Step 4: Physical Fitness Evaluation
You will be allowed to select a 2000 meter or a 4 minute row for your fitness test. Do not underestimate its difficulty or the value of preparing for it. Once you start the rowing test you are expected to give 110% and will not be allowed to stop until you have completed the 2000 meter distance. If you stop, you will be disqualified. For more information regarding the fitness test click on this link: http://cms5.revize.com/revize/seguintx/departments/police/fitness_standards.php
Step 5: Employment Assessment Board
Applicants who pass the Physical Fitness Evaluation will move forward in the process will be scheduled to appear before the Employment Assessment Board. The Assessment Board’s responsibility is to assess the applicant’s qualities, personal characteristics and ability to perform as a police officer and to make a recommendation to the Chief of Police.
Step 6: Background Investigation
Applicants that have successfully completed the above steps and are selected for continued processing will be assigned to an investigator. The investigator will conduct a thorough investigation into the applicant’s background.
Step 7: Conditional Job Offer
City of Seguin Human Resources will contact the applicant with a conditional job offer. The "condition" is successful passing drug and alcohol testing, medical physical, job related physical assessment, psychological evaluation, including personality Inventory (MMPI), and firearm qualification.
Final selection is determined by the Chief of Police resulting in a formal job offer from the City of Seguin.