The City of Seguin Public Works Department has developed a 5-year maintenance plan that is updated annually. This plan includes projects for both the Asphalt Zipper and Chip Seal Programs.
The Asphalt Zipper Program stabilizes and paves roads that are in the Pavement Code Index (PCI) range of 20 to 60. The Chip Seal Program is used to prolong the life of roads and is placed on roads with a PCI above 60 and below 85. The Public Works Department also crack seal roads with PCI of 85 to 100. These programs have greatly improved the overall road system within the City of Seguin.
View the 5-Year Pavement Maintenance Plan
View Street Maintenance Plan App
The Streets Department performs the following functions:
- Street sweeping on each city street, (depending on weather conditions)
- Minor asphalt repairs on utility cuts
- Minor asphalt overlay on streets not requiring utility upgrades
- Fills potholes
- Erects or replaces street signs
- Barricades streets during inclement weather or at low water crossings
- Ice control in winter events
- Barricades streets for downtown city events