Play it Safe – City Offers Tips for Owners & Dogs Visiting Barky Park
SEGUIN, Texas – Taking your four-legged fur baby to Barky Park in Seguin can be a great way to socialize your dog and get it some much-needed exercise. While at Barky Park, dog park rules are designed both to ensure good manners and help promote safety.
For this reason, it’s important to remember the do’s and don’ts when taking your dog to Barky Park. Please keep the following rules and regulations in mind the next time you are at the park:
- Only dogs allowed at Barky Park – other animals prohibited.
- Dogs must be leashed until in the leash-free area.
- Current rabies vaccine required.
- Dogs must wear a collar and ID tags while at the park.
- Dogs must always be under visual and voice control.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Aggressive dogs must be immediately leashed and exit the park.
- Remove solid waste and fill any hole your dog makes.
- Maximum 2 dogs per handler.
- Only dogs under 25 lbs. allowed in the small dog area.
- Dog owners will be held responsible for any injury or damage to property, people or other dogs caused by owners or their dogs.
For more information about the rules and regulations in place at Barky Park, please contact the Seguin Parks and Recreation Department at (830) 401-2480.