Residents Asked to Clear Overgrown Alleys Next to Homes
SEGUIN, Texas – City of Seguin residents – your cooperation is needed! With the arrival of summer, the City is reminding residents that the responsibility for maintaining alleys falls to property owners.
Seguin city code states that homeowners must keep areas adjacent to alleys clear and free of overgrowth (grass, weeds, trees and limbs), solid waste/trash, piles of debris, and passable - particularly for access by garbage/recycling trucks, brush crews, emergency responders, and utility crews.
The City’s Code Compliance Department is in the process of informing residents whose alleys need to be cleared.
Code Compliance offers the following tips for property owners:
* Mow alley areas along with mowing yards.
* Prune your trees and trim or remove any vegetation that obstructs or grows into alleys.
* Limbs and vegetation must be trimmed back from the curb line (edge of street or alley) at least 14 feet above the alley.
* Trimming vegetation and caring for your trees are effective ways residents can enhance neighborhood safety.
* Don’t place items in the alley that you’re unsure how to dispose of. If you have questions about how to dispose of something or if you have other general questions, please call Citizen Relations at 830-401-2445.