One COVID-19 Case Confirmed in City on May 202
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, residents are urged to follow these guidelines:
Currently, there are 7 active cases in the City. Sixteen (16) patients have recovered.
The patient is self-quarantined at home and being monitored by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS). More information will be shared as it becomes available from DSHS.
• Continue to practice social distancing by keeping six (6) feet apart and avoiding gathering of more than ten (10) people
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick. • Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then wash your hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Minimizing exposure is especially important for people who are 65 or older or who have an underlying health condition like heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or cancer. People in those groups have a higher risk of developing severe disease if they do get COVID-19, and the safest thing for them during an outbreak will be to stay home as much as possible and minimize close contact with other people. To get ready, they should talk to their doctor about getting additional prescription medications and have enough household items and groceries on hand to stay home as needed.
The public can find up-to-date coronavirus information at: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/ and http://bit.ly/SeguinCOVID-19info.
To view a map of COVID-19 cases in Guadalupe County, visit https://www.co.guadalupe.tx.us/commcourt/covid-19_dashboard.php
If you have questions about COVID-19, call 2-1-1.