87 Active COVID-19 Cases Reported in Guadalupe County
SEGUIN, Texas – As of July 7, 2020, there are 87 active cases of COVID-19 in Guadalupe County. Since the pandemic began, a total of 424 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Guadalupe County. 337 patients have recovered.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, residents are urged to follow these guidelines:
- Continue to practice social distancing by keeping six (6) feet apart and avoiding gathering of more than ten (10) people.
- A mask or face covering is required when going out in public or into stores in the City of Seguin.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Minimizing exposure is especially important for people who are 65 or older or who have an underlying health condition like heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or cancer. People in those groups have a higher risk of developing severe disease if they do get COVID-19, and the safest thing for them during an outbreak will be to stay home as much as possible and minimize close contact with other people.
To view a map of COVID-19 cases in Guadalupe County, visit https://www.co.guadalupe.tx.us/commcourt/covid-19_dashboard.php
If you have questions about COVID-19, call 2-1-1.
# # #