Seguin Municipal Court Resumes Dockets on June 9
SEGUIN, Texas – Seguin Municipal Court will soon be back in session, and along with it will be strict guidelines and regulations to ensure the health, safety and well-being of both citizens and court staff.
These restrictions and precautions are in compliance with the Emergency Orders issued by the Supreme Court of Texas and the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Municipal Court is set to resume dockets by appointment only beginning on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 by appointment only. Due to space limitations, no jury trials are being held at this time, and there are no open sessions until further notice.
Dockets will resume with the following restrictions:
- All individuals entering the court building will be required to wear face coverings at all times. If you do not have a face covering, please contact the court and a disposable mask will be provided for you.
- To protect security screeners - no purses, bags or backpacks will be allowed. Bring only your ID, a method of payment if applicable and your car keys.
- Individuals are asked to fill out paperwork and bring it to court.
- A court schedule has been established to reduce occupancy in the court building; individuals will not be allowed to enter the building until their appointment time. If you are not available at the scheduled time, contact the court for a new time slot.
- All persons not from the same household who are in the court building will be required to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Space is limited in the courtroom. Individuals planning to bring someone with them to court should contact the court prior to their appearance date to guarantee available seating.
- Members of the public wanting to view court proceedings should contact the Municipal Court to ensure the maximum capacity in the court room is not exceeded.
For questions or more information, please contact the Municipal Court staff at (830) 401-2325.
# # #