Community Invited to Attend Central Fire Station Re-Dedication Ceremony
SEGUIN, Texas – After undergoing a major renovation over the past 8 months, Seguin firefighters will soon be moving back into the newly improved Central Fire Station.
The public is invited attend a ceremony to re-dedicate the station (110 Elm Street) on Wednesday, April 20 from 3 to 5 pm. The public can also enjoy tours of the station.
A complete makeover of the first floor and a total remodel of second floor living quarters, including the addition of a large commercial-grade kitchen area, are among the most significant improvements made to the 75 year-old fire station.
Additional renovations include:
- The installation of a new HVAC system for each sleeping quarter to have control over their own heating and cooling.
- Six additional bathrooms were constructed.
- New plumbing and electrical systems throughout the facility.
- Constructed a new climate-controlled bunker gear room
- To meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, ADA accessible restrooms were added on the first and second floors. A chair lift was also installed for access to the second floor.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting added throughout.
- Bay area floors coated and walls repainted.
- Exterior doors and trim re-painted.
“I am extremely excited about the completion of this remodel,” said Seguin Fire Chief Dale Skinner. “We did our best to make much-needed updates while preserving the history of the building. I am confident that the newly remodeled Central Fire Station will serve this community well into the next 50 years,” he said
TSG Architects designed the $2.4 million renovation project with renovations completed by the Koehler Company.
# # #