Every 10 years, as mandated by the U.S. Constitution, the federal government undertakes a census count of the U.S. population. The next federal census is April 1, 2020.
The 2020 Census is vital to our city's representation, funding and success. The distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funds, grants and support to states, counities and communities is based on the census data that is collected. Census data guides local planning decisions, including where to build new roads, hospitals and schools, provides additional social services and funds other vital programs.
Completing the census is a way to make a difference in our community, participate in democracy, and helps shape the future of Seguin.
A complete and accurate census count is essential for Seguin and the well-being of our community. Seguin could potentially lose millions of dollars in federal funding if we don't get a complete count. Be counted - here's how:
- Participation in the 2020 Census is fast, easy, safe and important.
- We still have a ways to go when it comes to improving our 2020 Census response rate. Right now, Seguin's self-response rate is at 62%. We need residents to answer those 10 important Census questions in 1 of 3 ways:
- Online at my2020census.gov
- By phone at 844-330-2020 or
- By mail.
- We especially need the neighborhoods west of N. Guadalupe Street to respond. It's quick and easy, so please respond today!
- RESPONSE DEADLINE is September 30, 2020
- If you do not respond, the U.S. Census Bureau will follow up in person to collect your response.
- Watch the video below about how to take the 2020 Census!
The 2020 Census & Confidentiality
Your responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure and protected by federal law. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics; they cannot be used against you in any way. By law, all responses to the U.S. Census Bureau household and business surveys are kept completely confidential.
View a sample surveys below: