** IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Grant funding received by the City of Seguin to provide free household hazardous waste collection to residents ended on February 21, 2021. The City hopes to receive additional grant funding for this program in the future.HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Anyone who lives in the city limits can participate in this FREE, grant-funded At Your Door Special Collection Program. Arranging a collection at the doorstep is as easy as calling 1-800-449-7587. Pick-ups can also be scheduled online through Waste Management’s website by clicking here or by emailing WMAtYourDoor.com.
- A helpful Waste Management representative answers your questions.
- You will then be provided a date when a customer service technician will arrive to remove the waste. It is not necessary for anyone to be at home.
- A collection kit for the waste will be mailed to you. The kit includes a heavy-duty plastic bag, labels, simple instructions, and a zip tie for closing the bag.
- Gather your hazardous household waste and place the materials in the bag on the front porch or near the garage (never at the curb.)
- On the established pickup date, At Your Door technicians will arrive, remove and secure the waste safely, then drive to the next location.
- Once the waste is collected, Waste Management technicians work to responsibly manage the waste and recycle as much as possible, typically up to 75% and at times more than 75%.
In general, most ordinary household chemicals and many electronics are eligible for collection. Only items originating from households are eligible, no business materials are allowed. The quantity of material that is collected at any one time is limited to the items that can fit into the kit bag along with designated items that may be placed outside the bag.
The collection will typically include the following eligible materials:
Ammonia, cleaning compounds, bleach, floor
stripper, drain cleaner, rust remover,
carpet/upholstery cleaner, tile/shower cleaner
| Automotive Products
Computers, laptops, keyboards, monitors,
microwaves, televisions, DVD/CD players,
CD ROM, fax machines, cell phones,
VCRs, desktop printers, scanners, gaming
systems, related cords and more
Oil-based paint, latex paint, spray paint, artist paint, wood preservative, stain, caulk, sealer and more
Batteries of various sizes: AA, AAA, C, D, and rechargeable
Herbicide, insect spray/ insecticide, fertilizer, pesticide and more
Flourescent Light Bulbs
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and straight fluorescent tubes
Numerous items that contain mercury
Kerosene, gasoline, solvents and more
Swimming Pool Chemicals
Pool acid, stabilizer, chlorine
Syringes and Lancets
Sharps, syringes, needles, and lancets
|Items NOT Accepeted through this service|
|Asbestos||Biological waste||Medicines & prescriptions|
|Ammunition & explosives||Construction-related materials||Appliances|
|Commercial chemicals||Containers over 5 gallons||Fire extinguishers|
|Cooking oil||Tires||Incandescent light bulbs|
|Unknown or unlabeled materials||Trash, including bulky items||Radioactive materials, including smoke detectors|
|Materials in leaking containers||Liquid mercury||Materials improperly packaged for transportation|